Now that I have officially written down on "the calendar" that Reina is walking, we decided it was time to get her a helmet, since there are many falls in her future. Ok, not really - we got a seat for the bike and she does need protection for that!
Today we went to the Yomitan Pottery festival and finally bought our first grown up dishes. We bought five "cereal" bowls, although I have a feeling their maker intended them for soba. They are pretty cool. I also got to wear my new ring sling out that I LOVE from Liz and Jeff (thanks!).
I included some other snap shots that I wanted to show off - she's getting SO big. She's eating alot more too - and actually swallowing. She still loves her broccoli, but other new favorites include cucumber, curry rice and yogurt (separately)! Reina also has a silly new habit - if she is walking somewhere, she is going to be carrying something, and often times she carries more than one item, which of course necessitates putting something in her mouth! AND she is now quite apt at taking cheerios out of the special dish they designed for little babies to take small food out of and not make (too much) of a mess. I might be the only one really excited about this particular achievement, but this is quite a skill to have!
The other two pictures I haven't really commented on are the one with the little plastic pieces and the one where Reina is chewing on a blue bath toy. I got the plastic toys for a skit I was doing at school, and we thought it was funny when I brought them home how Reina insisted on taking them all out of the bag, even though they are all the same. I think its about taking things out at this age! The other picture: well, every child should have a picture with a skirt on their heads. Happy Holidays everyone! We'll be in Seoul next time I write!
Super cute with the helmet. Congratulations on the walking. Aeraci just started this past week. I got a great video up on the blog. It's too bad Aaron only got to see a few steps before he left.
ReplyDelete