 |
| Riding in the car together. |
Oh man. Last night might have been the worst EVER. I mean, even compared to when she was itty bitty, waking up every 2 hours. It probably even beat last year, when we flew to England and were up with her a lot of one particular night, also battling jet-lag.
 |
| Lost hat...that made a great prop! |

On this particular night, we started our usual routine with a bath. These are really fun now, since Sydney and Reina play together. We didn't even try to put her down till maybe 8:30. I laid in the big bed next to her pack-n-play and sang to her until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. By this time it was 9:30, and I had negotiated no talking, etc until I was blue in the face. Since I was exhausted, Chris took over, and ended up playing with her downstairs for another hour, since she clearly wasn't tired. Then it got really bad....since Chris and I were both ready to lie down, and Reina was refusing to sleep. We tried everything. Reina continued to protest, continually trying to tell us she needed more milk, more water, or had to go potty, all just to get out of lying down. In order to allow the rest of the house to try and get some sleep, around 12 Chris decided to make her a "futon" bed downstairs and sleep next to her on the couch. Reina continued to talk and try to play, despite this move. Then we talked to Reina about sleeping in our bed with us, which seemed like it might be something she might be on board with. Of course, after bringing her up there with us she threw another fit. This was the breaking point for me. Chris reminded me that she was just jet-lagged, not deliberately disobeying us. She fell asleep finally at about 1 am....and then we had to wake her up at 9am the next day. Man oh man, please let today be better. She actually feel asleep while watching something with Sydney on Joe and Karen's bed, and I brought her into her bed, put her down, and after a little protest, she was out by 8pm. Hopefully, PLEASE CROSS YOUR FINGERS, she will make it until 6am...but I would even take 5!

Tomorrow, we are heading south to Tacoma to spend the fourth with Chris' family - to include, Grandpa Jeff, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jess, Uncle Paul and Mike, and Cousins Katie, George, Will, and Lucie. I think that's it.
We looked at several more houses today, and definitely have some ones we are interested in. We will continue to pursue that when we return to B'ham on Tuesday. We will also be spending some time with JP and Elyse, and Liliana and Celeo and, oh, I have to go torture myself at the DMV to get my license renewed...ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment