
Romeni and Granddaddy arrived safely last Thursday night. We've already been to the BX so that Reina could pick out her Xmas present - a brand new bike. And which one do you think she picked? The pink, barbie one. I could not sway her to even consider a different one! Unfortunately, it was a rainy day on Saturday, but we did manage to get soccer practice in. It went about the same as the first week, but I cut her some slack with the surgery and all. She was kicking the ball a bit better, but it will definitely be something we will work on. She loved her new bike. I knew she was ready, and when Dad offered (as he had earlier this year) I thought it would be sweet for him and Romeni to buy one for her and see her enjoy it - the best part of present giving!
 |
| A barbie bike with a bike for barbie |
Kaiya took to Graddad and Romeni pretty quick. That first evening she was a bit shy, not wanting to be too far from my side, but she has since warmed up. She is much more agreeable than Reina was with meeting new people - although I have to admit, Reina was always great with relatives. Kaiya has transitioned to daycare food, which Chris and I love, since we don't have to prepare food for her each night. They always tell me how great of an eater she is, which is something Chris and I see at home too. However, she is different than Reina in that she throws her food. I've heard of babies doing this, but I guess I was lucky with Reina, as she never did that. Kaiya will throw the food down if she doesn't like it. It is not pleasant! Kaiya loves watching her big sister, and playing with all of the soccer balls lately has been something she definitely enjoys. Maybe Reina will be our little dancer, and Kaiya will be our little soccer girl....who knows!


We've only spent 4 days with our visitors, so there's not much more to report than the new bike! I will have to work on getting more pictures with Kaiya. Somehow, she escaped the camera today. Probably because she was sleeping, each time I went out with Reina, Granddad, and Romeni. Chris went and visited Kuniko this morning, while we went to the zoo. Reina seems to be completely recovered from her surgery. Well, except we did try gymnastics on Saturday and that didn't go well. I think the stretching, jumping, and bending gymnastics requires was too much. Maybe next week. We have ballet on Wednesday, so we'll see how she does with that. She has requested a ballerina cake for her 4th birthday party, so I know she loves ballet!
 |
| Dressing up for Granddaddy |
No comments:
Post a Comment