Thursday, January 22, 2009

2 week check up and visitors!

Reina had her two week check up last Tuesday.  The doctor gave her a clean bill of health and reported over a 1 lb weight gain - she came up at 7lbs 130z.  She was in the 25percentile for height and weight.  This means that she is smaller than 75% other American 2 week olds. However, what is important, the doc pointed out, is that she is gaining weight at the right rate and is in the same percentile for height and weight - she's proportional!  

Reina also took her first bottle from chris this past week and had her first real bath.  She didn't care for either.  We're getting better with the bottle...and will
 work on the baths!  She liked beign in the warm water ,but didn't care for teh "cleaning" portion!  

My mom visited this week and of course fell in love with little Reina (who
 couldn't!).  She also helped me leave the house - I hadn't left except for going to the hospital for the first two weeks.  I now have a little confidence and hopefully little Reina and I can start
 venturing out on our own. She does excellent in the car seat and was even great at the doctors!  

I added a slideshow from week 2 - 3 on the left - click on it to see the pictures up close.   I've also included a picture of Grandma and R
eina as well as Reina in the car seat covering her eyes - she often does this!  Chris also insisted on comparing Casper and Reina - I think Casper still has the edge on size and weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment