Sunday, September 13, 2009

This Morning



This morning I taped some footage of Reina being Reina! And then I learned a bit about imovie (my arch nemesis - mainly because it is a newer version). I also snapped a pic of Reina searching for her favorite play object - shoes! She gets that from both of us.

Other than Reina feeling SO much better after a bought of conjunctivitis and a bad cold (that she graciously passed on to me), we have been working on our new house. I haven't mentioned it too much because despite me NOT being very superstitious, well, I didn't want to jinx it! Chris and I have been discussing the possibility of purchasing a house here in Okinawa since we got here two years ago. Buying a house here is tricky mainly because the Japanese government won't give loans to Americans. We have since found a Japanese man (via a rental housing agency) who is helping us; he has found us some land in Yomitan and we have drawn up plans to have a house built. We are WAY excited! I uploaded the newest set of plans to the 8month slide show. We are limited by how big we can build (of course) based on how much we can afford. The piece of land we are building on is about 3300sq.ft and the projected house is about 1800sq.ft. Based on the layout of the land, we've drawn up a 3 bedroom, 2 story house. We've had two meetings with the builder, so we're feeling a bit more confident - like, yes, this is actually going to happen. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome about the house, but Reina is just so cute! I can't believe she is 8 months already, and look at what all she can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool about the house, I remember you were both interested in that when you got to oki. Reina is getting so big, I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete