I've posted about my quilt before, but I felt that I needed an update. I apologize in advance, if any of this is a repeat!

On my bucket list (which is still growing mind you), I've always dreamed of making a quilt. Mrs. Halley, one of my best-friend's moms growing up, was an avid quilter. Jessica and I would spend hours in her sewing "room" at the bottom of her Stearly Heights house making clothes for our dolls and horses. So, I had the inspiration from early on to make a quilt. Unfortunatly I lacked the motivation, dedication and skills needed to actually make a quilt. Since Reina, I've finally found some motivation (I still lack the skills, and I certainly have less time now, but I'm not getting any younger). As soon as I saw
THIS quilt, I knew that it was perfect for what I wanted to do with my favorite, but too small used Reina clothes.
 |
| Playing with her kitchen |

I've since completed 25 squares and am half way done. I usually get about two squares while Reina naps on the weekend, and occasionally I'll finish some after she goes to bed. My next dilema is what to do with the back and edge after the squares are complete. Should I go edgeless, like my inspiration picture did (and coincidently most string quilts)? I found hardly any
with an edge, but I think after looking I actually like it better without an edge. Do you KNOW what that means? MORE squares. Ack. Alright, I just did the math, and if I want to make a twin sized quilt (and I WILL), I need it to be 8 (little) squares wide and 10 squares long. Oh man. 80 squares. I've finished 25. Maybe it will be smaller after all, that is too many. Well, we'll see what happens. I'm going to have to cut up more clothes.
 |
| Putting Dolly in the stroller. |
There isn't much new going on in our house. We're still working on potty training, which means Reina is in a warm top and not much on the bottom. We have to put her in a diaper during sleeping times and when we go out, as she still doesn't quite get it. But, when we're at home, she's pretty good at peeing on the potty when we remind her. Not much else, I'll just put in a few pictures!
I love the quilt. Cute idea. I have been making a qiult since August and I'm sill making the blocks!
ReplyDelete