With the yucky weather this weekend, we opted out of the Nago Cherry Blossom festival, and opted in to the aquarium this weekend. Reina loved it. I have to admit, doing anything with a 2 year old is fun. Everything is new and exciting. Reina loved the touch pool - she didn't even hesitate (unlike Chris). She touched all of the star-fish and even a sea cucumber. She also correctly identified Nemo (aka clown fish) and saw her first real shark and sea turtle. We also bought her a very expensive, but adorable shirt that she points out is a shark in the picture.
 |
| Reina holding the star fish. |
 |
| Reina pointing out the shark on her new shirt. |
Reina has a cute new habit she started....adding "ne" to the ending of her words. Kind of like, "oishi-ne." It kind of adds emphasis to whatever you might be saying, "this is good, right?!" Reina adds it to the end of "pee-pee" which she must get from daycare. She also says, "iipai" if she doesn't have to go to the bathroom. "Iipai" means "I'm full," so I'm not sure how this word fits into not needing to go to the bathroom.
 |
| Chris sleeping with Skyla |
 |
| The finished stroller - Reina couldn't wait to get in. |
 |
| The very large tank at the aquarium. |
Reina loves to visit baby Skyla. Plus, Kaori isn't supposed to leave the house until Skyla is one month, so she is house bound (until this weekend). This, I think, is more of cultural tradition. Anyhow, Chris, Reina, and I went over after school this past week and helped with Skyla. Chris held her, while the rest of us put together Kaori's new stroller system. Chris passed out with Skyla, just like old times (aka Reina and him).
No comments:
Post a Comment