Monday, March 28, 2011

Daddy Loves Blueberries

Can you even imagine what this title might mean?  Reina requested blueberries at the commissary today (its a rare find).  When Chris got home, I couldn't wait to share this new word she had learned, "Reina, can you say blue-berries for Daddy" Reina says, "boobies."  Oh man. It is hilarious to hear an innocent 2 year old say boobies.  Chris immediately changes the request to his own liking, hence the title.  Hopefully you can get there on your own, as I don't want to embarrass Chris too much.
Summer dress!

Summer dress!

Kaori, Skyla, Kazumi and Joe (from Left)

Reina's favorite toys (baby, dolly, ugly baby, and bunny)

Aside from fun, kid-words, Reina and I haven't really been up to anything in particular.  We did have a mini-fashion show after some of her hot-weather clothes came in (course its still freezing here).  We also saw Kaori, Skyla, Kazumi, and Joe on Wednesday again, and got a few cute pics from that.  This Wednesday, we'll see them again.  Then on Thursday, we've invited all of the Japanese girls over for easter egg-dying.  Chris and I aren't religious...but I thought it would still be fun to decorate eggs.  I'm not sure if I'm up for a hunt, but I did buy the girls some little chocolates, since that's what you do.

We had ONE warm day...gosh, was it last week, where Reina and I got out the tub and red bucket.  I suggested this to her, and she couldn't WAIT to get in.  Reina and I went outside, and I set up the water hose in the tub so that it could start filling up.  Then I walked towards the garden, to see how it was doing.  The next thing I know, Reina is stripping and getting right in the tub of water. Man she loves the water.

Mike changed his flight and is coming in this Friday.  It has been a bit of a challenge figuring out logistics on Friday, since Chris has a game at Kadena at 7, I have a NHS event at Killin from 4:30 - 7:30 and then Mike comes in around 9.  I think we've worked out that I'll have to take Reina to the Killin event, then we'll go home and Kuniko will watch Reina after she's in bed, while I go and get Mike.  It is going to be a busy day.  We are excited to see Mike, and then my Mom, the following week for Spring Break.  Man. Spring Break cannot come fast enough. March has been rough, as usual.  

No comments:

Post a Comment