Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Wow. I can't believe spring break is over.  Chris and I go back to work on Monday.  It has been extra fun and busy with Mike and my mom here.  We've done our fair share of hanging out, but we've thrown in some beach trips, visiting with old friends, and eating good food.
Reina's new sun hat!

While Chris and Mike we're at a Kubasaki soccer game, Mom and I went on a sail boat with one of Mom's old friends.  We also had a special guest - Ms. Diana Ohmen herself.  She is my boss's, boss's, boss.  Director of all Pacific schools.  Pretty special eh?  She was very nice and normal!  Not sure what I was expecting....I guess its kind of like in elementary school, when you're surprised to find that your very own teacher goes to the bathroom! This was a pretty big revelation to me....just me perhaps?  Oh, the boat.  I'm not sure Reina liked it.  It coincided exactly with her nap time, which is never a good thing to miss, but I thought this once in a year (lifetime) opportunity was worth a missed nap (gasp).  After accidentally hitting her head on the boat (partly my fault), she fell asleep on my chest for about an hour, and then stayed there the rest of the time. I'm not sure if she wasn't feeling good or if she was scared, but she stuck there until we stopped....at which point she perked right back up again.  Chris (notoriously sea sick) was quick to volunteer to stay with her if any boating trips come up in the future.


Reina has surprised us with her sudden knowledge of many songs and nursery rhymes we've said to her hundreds of time.  I guess she was just waiting till she got them down before busting them out.  She can almost say the whole alphabet and almost gets all her numbers 1-10.  She's pretty good at pink and white, but past that everything else is green!  She is loving the extra attention she is getting from Mike and Grandma, and all the fun clothes Grandma brought too.

Both Uncle Mike and Grandma leave this Wednesday.  It will be strange to go back to our old schedule again....and just awful to go back to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment