Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thailand, Teeth and number Two

As I have been MIA the last couple of weeks, I have a lot to report.

Sadly, Mom and Mike left us shortly after spring break.  Reina still includes both of them in conversations, and then remembers that they went on a plane home.  We all really enjoyed the company. It definlty wet our appetite for family and friends this summer.  While Mike and Mom were here, Reina went on a food strike. This is very unusual for little Reina - she loves to eat.  Mom suggested she was teething, which at first seemed a little absurd, since our teething days have been over for a while. Then I remembered 2-year molars - and sure enough Reina is sprouting two new molars in the bottom of her mouth. Thankfully she is back to her usual eating ways now, but I fear it will change again when the top ones come down.

We have finally started setting in stone our summer plans. We bought tickets to Thailand. I can't tell you how excited I am.  We are flying via Taiwan (directly from Naha) to Bangkok the day after school gets out.  We fly right in to Chang Mai that night where we will be for 2 nights. Then we fly down to Phuket for 3 nights where we stay in what appears to be an amazing hotel.  Then we head back to Bangkok where we stay in the tallest hotel in the city for two nights.  On the way home we have a night-layover in Taiwan, so we're hoping to see some of that country too.  When we get home, we will relax for a few night before heading to Portland around the 30th of June.  We still haven't bought these tickets yet....I need to do that!

10 Weeks
The other exciting news, as  many of you already know, is Reina is going to be a big sister.  After much deliberation, Chris and I decided we should definitely have another one.  Baby number 2 is due November 21st, just in time for Thanksgiving....and I think we're guaranteed this one comes before Xmas break!  I had my first doctor visit and ultrasound this past Monday at 10 weeks and baby was wiggling and doing great. I'm slowly starting to get my energy back and lose my morning sickness as I near the second trimester....I can't WAIT.  It has been worse this time, and I seem to have several food aversions - one being sweets, which is pretty amazing if you know how I feel about chocolate.



These next two weekends are going to be busy with Chris wrapping up soccer prior to Far East in the middle of May, and me preparing my kids for their AP Bio exam May 7th.  We are both heading to work this Saturday and next.  Counting the days till summer vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Jillian!! Maybe a boy this time with all the aversions? =) Reina will be a great big sister. HAve a great time in Thailand, try to get to PhiPhi Island when you are in Phuket, it was amazing. Phuket was awesome too. Never made it anywhere else in Thailand. Have a wonderful summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so Excited for you all!!!!! Congrats!!! I am super jealous of the Thailand trip, that is one place I wanted to go but did not make it before we left Oki. You'll have to tell me all about it and post lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete