Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring is over

Poor baby.
Now, I don't know when spring is actually over, but after a really long, tiring soccer season, I am happy to report soccer has finally come to an end.  Now, don't get me wrong, Chris loves soccer, and I....used to.  Its just different when your battling nausea and exhaustion and caring for a 2 year old and a house...and. Chris' team did amazing in the Far East tournament last week, but unfortunately a flukey goal ended their season in second place.  

Reina was a trooper, allowing me to watch most of the games, and really did most of it with a smile, despite battling a very unpleasant disease - hand, foot, and mouth disease.  She came home from daycare with a fever on Tuesday and a rash that probably peaked on Thursday - mostly around, like the disease is named, her mouth (by far the worst), her hands and feet. She looked better yesterday (Friday), and I'm hopeful that today the rash will mostly be gone this morning (she hasn't woken up yet).  At first daycare was convinced she had the chicken pox. It sounds like pretty much everyone at daycare had had that, but I kept thinking, surely not, as she has had the vaccine.  Regardless, Reina is getting better and it feels like we have weeks of relaxation to look forward to.

Reina and I have been passing the days mostly by spending them with our neighbors (Rana and Ako) and Kaori, Skyla, Kazumi, and Joe.  Baby number 2 seems to be baking well.  I am finally feeling like second trimester is here, with little to no nausea and I've regained most of my energy.  I actually feel movements when I lie down before bed.  This is crazy early, and I"m sure no one believes me.  This is 3 weeks earlier than with Reina, but you know, you just know when you've felt it before.  We continue to talk about a new baby with Reina, in hopes that the transition in November goes well.



Playing with presents for this summer.

Children's Day
HOpefully I'll be more motivated to take pictures and blog now that Chris will have immensely more time.   

2 comments:

  1. awww, poor Reina. I might come over later today,,, I will let you know. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Reina!! That is so sad. :-( I hope she gets better soon.

    How many more weeks until the ultrasound? I can't wait to find out!!

    ReplyDelete