Saturday, September 3, 2011

Plays well with others



As a mother, you are prone to worrying about every little thing - mainly because Dad's seem to do so little of this, so someone has to take up the slack.  My most recent worry has been why Reina doesn't play well with others.  When I say, "doesn't play well," its not because she doesn't share her toys, because she actually does this quite well, or that she doesn't like seeing other kids, she loves that too....she just doesn't seem to know HOW to play with others.  I've slowly learned that this is what childhood is all about....learning all of these "skills" for the first time, that the rest of the adult world takes for granted.  

This Friday, we had Ako and Rana over to play and it was one of the first times I felt that Reina wanted to play with them, rather than beside them.  It was still as though she didn't quite know how to involve herself, but it was cute watching her follow them around, or do whatever they were doing after they were done doing it.  So, I can cross that off my list of things to worry about.  I have plenty on my list with baby girl number two on the way.
I had my 28 week appointment this past week.  Like Reina, pregnancy number two has been very average, as I mentioned before.  All of my stats were great and I don't need to be seen again until week 32.  Crazy that we're almost 10 weeks away from welcoming a whole other being!  I'm definitely getting to that point where I'm ready to have the baby.  I feel enormous, and at the end of the work day I'm exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment