 |
| At the aquarium |
This Monday marks the first day of school year 2011-2012. We were able to squeeze in some last minute fun before returning to our usual routine.

About two weeks ago we headed up north to the Churaumi Aquarium in Nago (more well known as Expo). We got annual passes, since if you go twice in one year, it pays for itself. I'm glad we did, because Reina really enjoyed herself this time. She loved running by herself to all of the different tanks, weaving in between the millions of tourists to see the fish. We also timed it well to see the dolphin show, which she also throuroughly enjoyed.


That same week (this was the week before Chris and I had to report) I met Kaori and Kazumi at the "mini mini zoo." Which is pretty much what it sounds like. I guess if I was to describe it to an American, I would say it was a big petting zoo, but not a lot of petting! There was also a famous bakery attached which sold cream puffs that both Kaori and Kazumi insisted on buying, since we were there you know. Reina actually didn't like the zoo so much. I think it had to do with a bad nap and construction. She is very sensitive to loud sounds and they were doing some remodeling. She always enjoys Joe and Skyla's company though (as do I).
 |
| With Chloe at Beer Fest |
Beer Fest 2011 was the weekend before Chris had to go back, so we made sure Reina got to see the Taiko drummers and Eisa dancers. She was very excited to see them...and she randomly got a goldfish from a stranger which promptly died after we got it home! We also ran into the Stevens'. Chloe, their daughter, who is starting 6th grade loves Reina, and the feeling is mutual. Reina was excited to see her, and I relieved to get a break carrying Reina. Chloe is going to babysit Reina for open house, and we hope it goes well so that she can do it more often.
She went back to daycare last Tuesday, as that was Chris' first day to work. She did great. She was excited to go and hasn't had any trouble transitioning. However, sensei did tell me that she forgot most of her Japanese and she talks all in English.
 |
| At the park |
Today we went to visit with Obaa-chan, but she wasn't there! We had planned on going to Urasoe Dai-Koen (big park) so we just headed there anyhow. Its a pretty cool park, I would say one of the best on island. Reina loved all the climbing, since that is by far her favorite thing to do at parks, followed by swinging and then bouncing on those animals with springs at the bottom.
She still loves gymnastics and swimming, both of which we are managing to keep up despite work.
No comments:
Post a Comment