 |
| Reina learned how to do "two" with her fingers at Granddaddy's house. |
The last week of our vacation was spent with Granddaddy and Romeni in (west) central Oregon. It was a very relaxing week after a busy week in Florida. Most of our time was spent hanging out, with a little bit of gardening, riding the golf cart, and going to parks. I spent a lot of my time finishing up the quilt - although I somehow managed to not get a picture yet. Romeni helped me get the back ready and the boarders around the front so that all that needs to be done is the quilting part (which I find a bit ironic...as if that's not what I've been doing this whole time).
 |
| Helping in the garden. |
I can honestly say that Reina loved every bit of her summer. She really, really enjoyed seeing all of our friends and her relatives. Often times Reina would request for Grandma or Grandpa to do something, rather than Mom or Dad. Right after we got off the plane, first thing in Portland, Reina only wanted Granddaddy to carry her. Aside from that first bit of battling jet-lag, she overall did pretty well in sleeping department, considering we were in a new house about every 5 days. It did mean that Reina learned some new requests, like "Mommy read her book," which was Reina's way of perhaps stalling being left alone to go to sleep, or just that she was a little scared and wanted Mom or Dad around a little (or a lot longer).
 |
| At the park - such a monkey! |
Our trip back home went very smoothly. I think it helps that on the airline tickets, I've found they almost always overestimate flying time (which probably is just including taxing, etc.) and when they get on the intercom and tell me that flight is going to be X mins less, I can celebrate! Reina was able to get a good 3 hours in on the long flight and another 3 on the flight from Tokyo to Okinawa. I think its the best she's done so far....she's really starting to get this traveling thing. Hopefully, she can pass it on to her little sister.
Now that we're back, we're taking a two week swimming class and we're starting gymnastics (after a 5 month waiting list!). We've done the swimming class each summer, and this year it really shows that we've had her in the water a lot. She loves being in the pool, and has carried her independent, "I want to do it by myself" to the pool. Of course I can't let go of her quite yet, but she is definitly very comfortable in the water. I really feel like the mommy and me class is too little for her, as she is really ready to just learn how to swim - how do you teach that!?

Upon arrival in hot, humid Okinawa, we were surprised to here that there is a rather large typhoon headed directly for us - Typhoon Muifa. I included a picture from typhoon2000.com that shows its direct path to Okinawa, and its Category status (looks like it will be a Cat 3 when it gets here Thursday or Friday). Typhoons aren't nearly exciting when there is no work to be missed! Plus, we were excited to start our garden again, which we are thinking we'll put off until next week. That's ok though, since the weeds are chest high in there anyhow.
Thanks to everyone who hosted us this summer. We were well taken care of and loved the company. Remember, our door is always open, if you up for the 24 our trip and the $1200 ticket! :) We really would love to have more visitors.
No comments:
Post a Comment