
Ever since Reina started speaking, my Dad has teased us about when Reina will start asking "why?" Apparently when I was little, I tormented my parents with this question, asking "why" to everything. Well. It has happened. Reina will ask "why" or more recently "why not" to everything. For example, we were driving to another restaurant because the one we were going to go to didn't open until 6pm and it was like 5:15. So, on our way to the other restaurant Reina asked "why is it closed?" I explained that there was no one there to cook for us and then she asked again, "why not?" This held her over for about 2 minutes, when she then proceeded to start the exact same conversation over again. Its like this for EVERYTHING. I guess we want her questioning things!
 |
| Being the "big" kid with Joe (1), Taro (10mo), and Skyla (7mo) |
Reina has finished swim lessons, but will continue to do gym on Tuesdays. However she did ask to do gymnastics today and of course, when I told her we only went on Tuesdays, she answered with..."why not?" We've been busy shopping for plants, gardening, playing at the park, and hopefully going to the beach, although we haven't made it yet. We had Kaori and Kazumi over (as well as another friend with a little one) and Reina enjoyed being the "big" kid, as when we play with the neighbors she is the littlest.
 |
| On the sea-wall. |
Tonight we ate dinner in our old stomping grounds; the sunabe sea wall. It was nice to be back there, eating dinner viewing the sunset. Of course we're home now, starting the bedtime routine, which isn't nearly as nice as it used to be. We used to put Reina in her crib after her bath and 3 books, turn out the lights, and not hear from her till 6ish. Wow were we spoiled! With her new bed, she has this new freedom, and she has to continually get up and find new reasons to get out of bed...."I need water," "milk," "to go potty...." It goes on for sometimes an hour. Then she is out till 7 at least. Naptime isn't any better! But, this seems to be how child-rearing goes. One phase to another. Some better than others.
We go back to work next week, which is sad as usual. Chris and I love spending so much time with Reina, and we get to do so many fun things these days. We plan on stopping by daycare this week, to let them know Reina will be returning and to remind Reina where school is. I'm sure she'll be excited the first day, and then realize how great summer was!
No comments:
Post a Comment