
I fear that if baby #2 is not a girl, Reina is going to be disappointed, because she has big plans for her! Since we've been back, we put Reina's new bunk bed together. Before we left, we had all the parts, but just figured there was no point putting it together (nor much time for that matter) since we were just going to leave and be in a pack-n-play/bed and 5 different houses anyhow. So, one of the things Reina was looking forward to coming home to was her new bunk bed. We put it together and she loves it. This meant that "Reina's brown crib," as she calls it, got moved to our room for new baby girl. Reina kept saying how baby sister was going to sleep on the top bunk, and we have told her numerous times that baby sister will sleep in her old crib in our room. She seems to be ok with this. When I took out some of baby sister's new blankets, Reina immediately took one away. I asked her what she was doing, and she walked to our room, said, "this is for baby sister, she needs to be able to reach it" and put it in the crib for her. Man, she is so sweet. I fear she is going to be in for a rude awakening once baby sister starts eating up all of our time (it make me a little sad, to tell you the truth). She also put a book in the crib for baby sister, so that "she can read it." So sweet. The transition to the bunk bed has gone pretty smoothly. Reina hasn't had much trouble getting to sleep at night, since that is when the jet lag tends to be the worse, and aside from one bad nap, she's done pretty good.
 |
| Going to our first gym class! She was so excited. |
Speaking of baby sister, I had my 24 week appointment on Wednesday. I am as normal as a pregnant person can get! My blood pressure was good, my weight gain was good, I was measuring (my uterus that is) right at 24 weeks, and baby's heart beat was perfect. 16 more weeks to go! Crazy how soon it will come, especially once we go back to work. As I mentioned, I think Reina is by far the most excited of all three of us. She talks about baby sister a lot, and how she is going to share with her, etc. We'll see if she sticks to her word! I have doubts.
We've been stuck inside all day today as Typhoon Muifa (who names these guys!) has been very s-l-o-w-l-y passing by us. Its brought lots of rain and wind so far, but no damage as we can tell from inside our house. We have continued to use this time before work starts back to organize closets, put some more finishing touches on the house, and relax. We plan to work on the garden after the typhoon passes. We've already planted our coffee and avocado tree in big pots and have drawn out a plan for the garden. Hopefully the typhoon will be long gone by tomorrow...maybe it will even be sunny on Sunday and we can go to the beach! Or not. Looks like thunderstorms and 80s for the rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment