![]() |
| So cute - good thing we can't see the top of her head! |
![]() |
| Reina wearing one of her new dresses from Grandma You can tell this is in the morning before school because she's got her to-go cheerios and water bottle. |
There is just so much work...all around. At work, at home, it just never ends! Its been tough because Kaiya insists on waking up twice each night. I was hopeful that sucking her thumb would improve this, but it has not. Thumb sucking does make putting her to bed very easy - literally just put her down and she falls asleep, so we've been lucky in that department. We go to the doctor tomorrow, so I will bring that up, in addition to her TERRIBLE cradle's cap. This poor baby girl has had all sorts of mild skin conditions....nothing I thought ever warranted a doctor visit, but nevertheless I'm glad to go tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. I'm also excited to see how much she's gained in length and height.
All of the soccer had made things even tougher. I've had to put both girls down at night by myself twice now. At one point, on my first night I thought, "what do I do now?" This was after I decided that Moms and Dads have been taking care of children by themselves for centuries...surely I could manage bathing two children. Then, when they were both in the tub, I couldn't figure out how I was going to dry them both. The end result was baby Kaiya doing a lot of crying, but it was brief and we all got into bed more or less on time. The second time was a bit better, but its still something I appreciate Chris to be around for.
![]() |
| In the wrap |
Reina got ballet and tap shoes from Romeni some time ago, and then Grandma (and I) bought little tutus/ballet skirts. Reina is all set but she didn't have a class to go to till now. She was so excited when I was on the phone confirming everything, that I had to tell her to be quiet several times. She was practically yelling me about how she had to get her skirt on and wear were her ballet shoes! She will start the second week in April; we're excited.
![]() |
| All ready for Daddy's first soccer game. We were in green, but it was COLD! So we bundled up |
Reina starts her new daycare routine on Monday. I'm a bit apprehensive, but Reina is excited. We had a bit of a preview this Tuesday: Reina's "old"daycare was closed for a Japanese holiday that we all forgot about, so we had to ask Kaiya's daycare to take her for Tuesday. I showed up and they were all impressed with Reina's Japanese, and the one worker who usually works in Kaiya's room couldn't believe how "calm" she was. "Is she always like this?" "No!" On Monday, and from then on (except for Japanese holidays, where she will stay at Kaiya's school), Reina will spend about an hour and a half at Kaiya's school. Then one of the sensei's will drive (or walk) Reina to her Japanese school. I'm a bit worried about Reina not wanting to go to the Japanese school, since one, she'll already be playing and may not want to leave or two, she will want to stay with Kaiya. She loves her baby sister. But, we've talked a lot about how it will be and what to expect, so hopefully all will go well.





No comments:
Post a Comment