Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kaiya's Four Month Stats


Alright. Where is the "table"button.  In order for you to fully appreciate the weight discrepancy between four month Reina and four month Kaiya, the teacher in me wants to illustrate it in a table! The sentence I"m about to write just won't do it justice.  But, for lack of a "table"button, this will have to do.  Reina weighed 6lbs 10 oz at birth and was 19 inches long.  Kaiya kicked her butt, and weighed in at 8lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long.  At four months, Reina was 14lbs 12oz (what, about 8 lbs in 4 months!).  Kaiya? She gained 4 lbs!  She is only 12lbs 12oz.  Crazy, right?  Kaiya has done better in length, growing 4 inches since birth (now 24").  Reina was 24" too, but she started out an inch shorter, so it seems that Reina just grew at a much faster rate. I remember her demanding to eat every 2 hours, whereas Kaiya is much more relaxed about the whole thing. Kaiya can pretty easily go 3 hours without eating, which has made getting out and about much easier.  If you look at pictures of Reina at four months and Kaiya now, Reina just looks chubbier.  The link takes you back to the blog post of Reina's four month stats (May 17th). Reina's face is much rounder than Kaiya's.
Kaiya is slowly becoming more and more alert and aware of her surroundings, and Reina has definitely picked up on this.  Reina often goes and lies next to Kaiya, putting toys in her face and talking to her. Its very sweet.  I think Reina is excited to have a little sister to boss around. I heard her at gymnastics yesterday bossing one of the other little girls around. Mind you, Reina is the youngest by 6 months compared to the other girls, but she is by far the best listener.  She will sit and wait for quite some time, while the other kids are up and about jumping on things they're not supposed to.  This particular class, while Reina was waiting her turn and the other girls were jumping around, Reina said, "Ava, sit down." So funny.  I'm pretty sure I was the bossy one too when I was little.  Not sure if it will be a phase with Reina, or its the big sis in her.


I don't think I've mentioned this before, but since soccer season has begun, I've had to control Reina a bit more. Usually its because I'm out with them and holding Kaiya, so I can't go get Reina when she decides not to listen. This prompted a small experiment, which I'm not convinced is working yet, but time will tell. I started a nickel jar.  My hope is that in addition to a rewards system, she can work on some counting skills too.  Basically if she listens, helps out, shares, etc, she earns a nickel. Then she can spend her nickels on trips to the indoor park, or the ferris wheel, or new barbie movies.  Chris and I thought 20 nickels would be a good goal, since she's not so great at counting to 20. BUT I think its too high, as she hasn't had a reward yet, so I dont' think she gets the point. I'm thinking we may have to go to 10, and see if that helps.

I sent out an email with our tentative summer plans. I'm so excited to come back to the States, as always, and see family and friends.  I was looking back at old pictures from last summer, and we always have such a great time; Reina too.  Hope we get to see everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment