Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break!!!!

A sleepy baby
Wow.  Chris and I REALLY need this break.  I think that's true for most of our breaks, but for some reason this one is SERIOUSLY welcome at our house.  We don't have any really big plans, although I'm trying to coerce Chris into going camping for a night with some friends.  Does it sound crazy to go camping with a three year old and a four month old....yes.  But I am of the mindset that these kids are not stopping me from living, and they're going to learn to be better people because of it.  We'll see if we all end up driving home in the middle of the night; at least we'll have had some campfire hotdogs and smores by that point.

So bright!
Kaiya is SO close to being a master roller.  She can still pretty easily roll from front to back, but she's not quite got it the other way.  Today I thought she may have done it, but I didn't see it myself. Plus she was on the soft bed AND Reina may have helped her!  Any day now though, I'm sure.  She also went to the beach for the first time today and fell asleep in the wrap.  Somehow it doesn't have the same amount of sleep affect as it did on Reina.  When Reina would get wrapped, she would fall asleep just about every time.  Kaiya is more into looking around when she's in the wrap. Perhaps Kaiya can stay awake because she takes such amazing naps by herself in her crib.  I keep thinking she is going to get on predictable 2-nap a day schedule (when does that happen?); but she seems to easily get in four naps, with two pretty solid ones around 8:30 and 12:30.  Her last two naps seem more of an afterthought.  Speaking of sleeping, Kaiya is in her crib in her own room tonight. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but we decided to wait till spring break so as to let us all acclimate slowly.  So far so good, but it has only been an hour.  Reina questioned why we didn't put her in her room, but I think its better for a slow transition.  We're sticking with our, after summer plan, for now.

Making cupcakes just because its fun
Playing with Reina's wand
Reina is doing great at her new Japanese school.  She spends about an hour and a half with Kaiya at her school, and then is driven to her Japanese school around 8:15am. I love it.  The head teacher seems very organized and particular which lends it-self well to running a good school (in my opinion).  They even started swimming this past week.  Boy, getting all of the Japanese swimming paraphernalia was an ordeal.  They have to wear certain swim caps and only flip flops and have separate bags and no bikinis.  There were all of these rules.  The head teacher has lots of those too - like, no socks, ever, not even when it is cold.  According to my neighbor this is typical of a Japanese daycare.  I think it has to do with the kids sliding on the floor, but it seems a bit excessive if its cold outside!  Whatever. We don't have that many cold days!




 Most of you know we're locking in on our summer plans.  It is always so exciting planning our summer, talking about spending time with all our family and friends.  I can't wait!  And it helps when the little kids are excited too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment