 |
| "Shell" hunting with Amy, Miki, and Chloe |
We nixed the camping idea due to the possibility of inclement weather. However, we were determined to have a beach day and bonfire, so we did! The girls did amazing. I wasn't too worried about Reina, she's become quite the beach gal. Plus she was so excited to go, that she didn't even nap (she was up there asking if it was time to go for about an hour and a half before we gave up). I was more skeptical about how Kaiya would do. We packed up the car and I swear we could have stayed the night (or maybe two) with the amount of things we brought. We had a little tent that Romeni and Granddad bought us that worked out perfect for keeping Kaiya out of the sun and "holding" Reina for those few moments she wasn't playing in the sand/water.
 |
| Collecting "shells" |

Reina was very excited about it getting dark which was surprising since she sleeps in her room with a very bright night-light on (we'll call it a lamp). Since I was thinking she might be anxious about it, I bought about 10 glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces. She was so excited about opening these that I don't think it even occurred to her to be scared. About 15 minutes after arriving at the beach, she asked if she could open them. When I replied that we needed to wait until it was dark, she told me about 10 minutes after that, that it was dark enough. Ha! It was like 4pm. Needless to say, they were a big hit with her and the other few kids we ran into while there. The fire wasn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be for two reasons: one, it was too big and two, it was too hot! But I was determined to have smores, so despited having to get really hot to make them, I had two. Reina didn't seem to be as excited about the smores as I was. She was more into eating the "raw" marshmallows, which she kept telling Chris were eggs.


As I mentioned, I was very worried about having Kaiya out at the beach all day and into some of the night. Well, I shouldn't have worried, because she truly did great. When Reina was her age, Reina would cry when pretty much any one aside from Chris or I would hold her. This has not been the case with Kaiya. She went to everyone and was all smiles all the while. After I nursed her around seven pm, I was sure she would conk out. However, she insisted on staying wide eyed and smily until we left. This is what prompted me to think of her little Sagittarius shirt. The saying, as you can see from the picture is that she is "Funny, adventurous, friendly" and the "life of the party." All things I though were very fitting for this particular outing. I included Reina's capricorn shirt too, which just claims she'll be "born ambitious" and "loves to organize." I also think this is pretty true of Reina (and myself, since I too am a Capricorn).
 |
| Playing in the tent. |
 |
| Her one beach nap in the tent. It lasted a measly 30 minutes. |
Kaiya has been sleeping terribly. I'm sure this reminds you of all my complaining about Reina and not-sleeping when she was little, but Kaiya does seem to be worse. I'm hoping its because she learned how to roll over yesterday (both ways). I think she hasn't been sleeping well because she wakes herself up frustrated on her tummy, and isn't sure how to get back to her back. I am also wondering if she might be getting a bottom tooth, but after looking at Reina's first (which was closer to 7months), I think it must not be teething. Hopefully she'll get this rolling thing under control and let me sleep! And Reina too. And Chris too. We moved Kaiya into her own room on Sunday night; remember we moved her to the spare room so that she wouldn't wake Reina up if they were in the same room. In retrospect that just seems silly, because now, when Kaiya wakes up, we're all up. She wakes up the whole house. We might as well all be in the same room! Hopefully this passes and we can resume our regular sleeping schedule, whatever that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment