Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Routine Stuff

1st position!
Not really much new going on here, nor anything terribly exciting.  We have been pretty good about making ballet/tap each week (I cannot say the same about gymnastics, but its on Saturdays...at 3!).  Here are a few pictures of Reina Ballerina (like Angelina Ballerina).  She LOVES ballet, and I know it is in part to her amazing teacher.  They have a ballet word each week and all these cute songs reminding them how to sit nice and tall.  As Reina approaches 4, she has gotten much more independent.  On some occasions, she goes next door to play all by herself (or out in the street, or Rana comes over to play).  If Rana comes over, they always go STRAIGHT for the sylvania family animals.  I took a video of them talking; Reina's Japanese has definitely passed mine. I often don't know what she is saying!  Course I can't figure out how to shrink the video and upload it. Sorry.

Playing with Rana

The annual Mango tree picture.

Watching Reina play soccer in the yard.
Kaiya has 5 teeth now.  The top two came in along with another top one.  I wonder if that's the reason she hasn't been nursing as much....although it hasn't stopped her solid intake!  We had to start sending one bottle of formula last week. I was pretty depressed about it.  I made it to one year with Reina, and she never had formula.  But, its only one a day, so it can't be that bad! I need to relax.  Kaiya is pretty happy the rest of the day.  She take one very good nap at daycare, but still does better with us at home on the weekends.  She is back to waking up 2x a night, which is actually better than the  4 - 5x I experienced last week.  I have decided a lot of her sleeping issues come down to her sensitive stomach and skin.  No dairy, no chemical products, nada!  I miss cheese dearly!

I took our annual mango tree picture.  The mango tree was planted when we first moved in, October 2010.  Chris pointed out that after three really bad typhoons, he had to trim it back, as the upper branches were pulling it down.  I took some with Reina standing, but Kaiya was pulling her down, as she was trying to hold her at the same time.

Today we're all excited about going to the beach.  We had a typhoon scare mid-week, which brought some nasty weather, but fortunately it has cleared up and turned into a beautiful day. Not sure if we'll make it in the water, but we will try.  We've got hot-dogs, drinks, and smores too, so it should be a fun time.

Next week Reina has undo-kai (sports day). I'm excited to see what all will happen.  Reina is also starting soccer soon, so we've made an effort to get her excited about it.  I've purchased pink shin guards and socks to help the transition (apparently these are required even at this young age - I suppose we need to start good habits)!   

No comments:

Post a Comment