Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boycotting the bottle, baths, and wraps

Reina has picked her battle...her stubbornness has surfaced again. Her first "protest" against us started on Sunday. Chris and I decided that we need to get her more accustomed to taking a bottle. WELL...Reina will NOT have it. Poor Chris has tried to feed her for the last four nights and we have witnessed some of the loudest, angriest crying yet from Reina. She did a little better on day four, so we're hoping its a good sign (but like her sleep patterns, there is no telling what she'll do tomorrow)!

On a more positive note, we've had excellent success with baths. In the video, while she isn't showing "normal" human signs of happiness, this is Reina happy - quiet and alert. She doesn't know to smile when she's happy yet....but in the bath, I promise you, she is one happy baby! Notice the pot belly - we know she's eating well!

She also enjoys being put in the wrap I'm wearing. She is alert and looking around for the first half of our daily walks on the sea wall and usually falls dead asleep for the latter half. We both enjoy this time of our day.

I've added more pictures to the 4 - 5 week slide show. Mostly of the bath and wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment