Sunday, February 22, 2009

So Long, Farewell






Back to work! Today is my last night. I am....sad. My time with Reina was tough, but wonderful. We had finally started to figure each other out. Fortunately Dad gets to enjoy Reina this week, or his football game (see pic!). Yes, he still manages to multitask.

Reina has started to have a little more control over her hands. In one of the pictures, if you look closely, you can see that she is grabbing a toy! What an accomplishment (hey, its the little things!). She also is able to follow objects with her head and eyes, which is also pretty exciting, along with the occasional INTENTIONAL smile!

This weekend we went on our longest trip yet. We met Chris' co-workers at the Okinawa prefecture museum (its new) and Reina spent two quiet hours in the wrap (thank goodness for it!). She was alert for about 30 min, which was enough time to get all of the co-workers (who of course were females) cooing at her, and then she was OUT. Its nice that she's developing into a little trooper, as we plan on bringing her to the occasional soccer practice and of course traveling.

Reina will be meeting her next set of grandparents. My Dad is coming this next week (March 1st). I know that him and his wife are excited to spend the week with Reina. Hopefully Reina will be trained by then, so no one knows how "miserable" she can be! What - never!

I also added a picture of Reina in the outfit her first "famous" picture was taken in. Its still too big for her, but she's definitely filling it in!

Hopefully, I won't lose all touch with all of you, but I fear with school, soccer, and Reina our heads are going to be spinning! At least summer will approach quickly, so that we can see all of our family and friends and introduce Reina.

I added these to a slideshow (6weeks) to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment