Reina has made it to over 10lbs! Hence the double chin and extra fat! This mean Reina IS getting better about eating less frequently (more room in the belly!). During the day we shoot for at least 2.5 hours, but often she doesn't make it. She's more of a gormet eater...has a little taste, looks around, maybe wants more, maybe doesnt. AND then 30 min later she re

alizes, "oh crap, I'm hungry still!" BUT nights are a little better. We've had some success with her sleeping in her crib. She is eating closer to every 3 - 4 hours which is awesome, and occasionally the first time we put her down she'll go close to 5 hours without eating, which is awesome. You can tell the sleep deprivation is consuming me! Not much else new with Reina. She is quite alert during the days, and loves to just look around and stare at random things. She practices smiling and laughing, but they still don't seem to be directed at anyone or anything. We tried to get a video of Reina waking up. Since she is usually swaddled, the first thing
she does once "released" is to throw her hands straight up to stretch, and of course make lots of grunting and other strange sounds! BUT, each time we got the camera ready, she just cried, so here is the best we could do - its close to what she usually does.

Here she is "churping" as I call it - she doesn't coo, she chirps (sorry, I'm still learning imovie - the titles are small and in awkward places!).
Check out these smiles and the "chopper riding' as chris calls it.
A 4 - 5 week slideshow should be up to the left.
I think I see a little Eastman in her in the first picture, the cheeks maybe...
ReplyDelete