Wednesday, August 19, 2009

She's sitting on her own


This is not a new feat. However, she is now sitting up from laying down on her own. Let me explain why this is so significant. Usually when you go get your child in the morning or after a nap, you expect them to be laying on their back (or screaming into the mattress). It was a surprise to me that when I went to get Reina from her nap yesterday, she was sitting up! She was even impressed at herself; when I came in and started smiling at her, she bashfullly hung her head and nosedived back into the mattress. Anyhow, I couldn't help but grab my camera for this special moment. She has also been fixated on pulling herself up - forget toys, just give the child a stationary object to stand by. This is why she really enjoyed herself at dinner last night. We ate on the tatami mats which are PERFECT for little babies to play around, pull up to, and of course, sit and eat at. Reina is definitely getting a tooth. It looks like her bottom middle right one....I can see it, but it has yet to cut through. Reina hasn't had any problems with it (knock on wood), she's still sleeping through the night and acting like all is well with the world.

On a sad note, Chris and I start work next week. Both of us have mentioned more than once how much we're going to miss Reina. :(

2 comments:

  1. Go Reina! :) I love the polka dot outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she is doing things way earlier than Aeraci! I remember when I came to get her in the morning and she was sitting up, it blew my socks off, and she was 10 months old. It wasn't long after that she was standing up in her crib. Reini is quick to pull herself up though, Aeraci didn't start that till nearly a year. Go Reina!

    ReplyDelete