Monday, August 3, 2009

Oriko-chan



Remember this word? It mean's "good girl" in Japanese. That is exactly how I would describe Reina. This is of course mainly due to the fact that I've had the four best nights of sleep since Reina's been born. Other than sleeping well, Reina has been in the ocean twice and will be starting swim lessons this morning. I took these pictures in retrospect of the last pictures taken of her on this carpet. We were off somewhere, and Chris laid her down by the door so he could run and do something. Now at least she is able to sit and wait! She's in her sundress b/c we're off to Ikei-jima to get in the water out of this REALLY hot weather!

Eating you ask? Well, its going ok. We've been consistent with cereal each morning which she is somewhat interested in. I think she has an infatuation with spoons, and becasue the cereal is on the spoon, she figures its a package deal. We did give her avocado on Saturday. It was a MESS. She did seem to like it. I'm going to keep working on all of this eating stuff and will keep you posted.

I shamelessly forgot to showcase the beautiful present Grandpa Eastman sent for Reina's birth. It came with Aunt Liz when she came here in March to visit. Grandpa Eastman made Reina's kanji in stained glass and then made a very cool Japanese looking lamp. We all love it, and will probably showcase it in our living room until Reina can appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. You should take a trip to IE while you are at. Hope Reina enjoys her swim lessons, as do you! Enjoy the typhoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she's old enough to eat already!!! What a big girl. How are swim lessons going? I love the lamp, it is GOREGOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete