Sunday, November 15, 2009

First Steps?

Reina took two mini steps all by herself last week, and Chris was able to catch it on camera! Remember, they were VERY tiny steps, but this is where the phrase "baby steps" comes from, right? She hasn't done any since, but I think she'll be walking before Xmas (I said it, so we'll see!).

Other exciting news? We're officially having a house built. We have signed off on final plans, submitted those to the city, and paid a down payment! How exciting! We're hoping to break ground in January and move in August 1st. I added pics to the 10month slideshow of our final plans. Also notice we have a "deed." I thought it was interesting that in Japan, they sign the sides of the documents, so that they can be cut in half. Our original documents go exactly together. We were also encouraged to get a "hanko" which is a stamp with Eastman on it! This is how official Japanese documents are signed - with a small, circular stamp of their last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment