What a wonderful day. Reina woke up a bit early, but she took a great nap at 8:30. Chris and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and go to the beach. Chris went and got Kuniko while Reina napped and then we headed to the same beach we found the Christmas before Reina was born (next Hansen in Kin). Reina had a really good time playing in the sand and getting wet and the rest of us enjoyed the sunshine and quiet. She was so cute just sitting in the sand amusing herself. The rest of the day she amazed me at how much she understands. I can say, "sit down," and she does! Or before bed when we're reading I can say, "where is the dog?" and she will point to it. She also verified that she is learning japanese by pointing to her "atama" (head in Japanese).
Reina has also finally started trying to talk. I'm not sure when or what I would classify as her first words but in the past two days or so she has definitely tried "bye bye" and she also tried "ball" and then before bed "night night." So, so cute. I guess she really had "uh oh" first!
Speaking of "uh oh," there is one picture illustrating why you don't give a 15month old a juice box. Reina squeezed the orange juice so that it sprayed all over herself. In another picture she is showing us what you are supposed to do with tissue. So smart!
No comments:
Post a Comment