Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beach Bums




Ok, I know we've had lots of beach photos lately, but what can I say, we love the beach; Reina included. She loves the water and even the waves. I'mnot sure she's sold on the sand, though, since today when she fell down she was reluctant to put her hands in the sand to get back up. We are ready for summer and welcome the nice weather we've been having (after the rains when my mom was visiting - yuck).

On another note, Reina has really started talking. She says the following words (no where near what they are supposed to sound like, but she'll get there): "wawa" (water), "dow" (down), "dada," "mo" (more), "uh oh," "nigh nigh," "bye bye," "ba" (ball)....I think thats it. She is still picking up new signs too (thank you, airplane, rain), so she is definitely communicating.

We have also been amazed at how quickly the walls of our house got put up. As of last week they had practically finished both floors. We go this Thursday for what I fear is going to be a major decision making day. They said we'd be two hours (so we're picking up oba-chan to do some Reina watching, as Reina's activity level will not allow two hours of sitting). I feel like between my Mom's visit and Michelle (my old BFF from elementary school who is an interior designer) I have a better idea of what we want. We'll see though, since its hard to make decisions without knowing what your options really are.

We head to the states July 1 and then Europe for two weeks July 14. We can't wait to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment