Last night we celebrated the completion of our house. We invited practically everyone, including the Japanese neighbors and Joy Housing and Taba-san, and had an excellent turn-out (despite my mishap of sending the wrong map twice!). Chris and I bought a brand new, big charcoal grill and had hot-dogs, hamburgers, and pulled-pork sandwiches to go with all the goodies everyone else brought. We also were surprised to receive quite a few gifts - mainly awamori and plants as well as other goodies (like a had-made pot from Mr. and Mrs. Pope). It is nice to have such amazing people in our lives, and for that I am thankful. There were so many people that I didn't even get to speak to all of them (sorry) and I managed to only take two pictures I think! Fortunately, Kaori got a couple with her cell phone that I can share too. In one you can see what Reina had for dinner last night: chips! :( I would peak at her now and then and catch her picking up a chip of someone else's plate and at one point I found her taking veggies off the trey, taking a bite, and then putting it back.
 |
| Me taking "the" picture. |
 |
| The picture |
 |
| Chips for dinner! |
Our first guest made me worry about the rest of the night with Reina, since she got a bit shy and clingy, but as more and more people showed up (and more kids arrived) I actually lost track of her for a bit as she played with everyone on the yard. She even went down for bed around 7:30 with not one complaint (I think she was pretty pooped).
Today we are recovering. Actually one of the nice things about having a party is the pre and post clean. I know my house is cleaner now than it was last weekend when I had nothing going on! I even mopped the floors this morning!
 |
| Playing with Grandpa Pope! |
November is going to be a busy month. We kicked it off with our little get together, and then next weekend is the Tour de Okinawa (a 50K bike race me and some friends are doing) and the weekend after that Granddad and Romeni will be here, followed by the next weekend with Thanks-giving.
Pulled pork...we'll be right over :) Congratulations on the completion of your house!!!
ReplyDelete