Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Sit down" & "oide"

These are Reina's newest and most common phrases these days.  Usually they are accompanied with "mama" or "dada."  Its funny what she says, since she seems to combine the Japanese and English.  For example, "oide" means come here.  I think that the phrase "oide" is easier for her to say than it is in English.  So, my theory is that she learns the phrase that is easier to say first (Reina says "ohayo" for good morning for example).

Romeni and Granddad's visit is coming to a close.  We had a great thanks-giving meal.  Reina has been eating everything.  They leave on Tuesday and we will be sad to see them go. They've been spending lots of quality time with Reina and we've had lots of good meals thanks to Romeni.  Oh, she also hemmed our curtains (THANK YOU).

Pre-Turkey Day meal (onigiri)
Reina absolutely loves her bike.  She starts to cry when you get close to the turn for our house.  Right now its cute, but I think it will get old fast.  The neighborhood girls all have trikes too and they love to race down the street.  There are three little girls two houses down (6,4, &2) and then I've mentioned Rana and Ako (2 & 4) next door, and then there is a little boy and an older girl two houses down in the other direction.  They all like to get their bikes and go back and forth.  Reina of course wants to join in, but can't even pedal yet.  We usually watch, or go back and forth behind them all.
The roller slide near our house





1 comment:

  1. too cute! I wish we could have a trike too...I think Sydney would kill herself if she tried it in our driveway though!

    ReplyDelete