 |
| Soooo hot. |

Summer fever has hit hard. We've entered the home stretch. This means no more "new" lessons....just review with the kids in preparation for their final. We can't wait to go to Thailand. Upon my Mom's recommendation, I drew (and I'm using the term "draw" lightly here, since I'm not much of a drawer) a storyboard of our summer. Reina refers to it often and brings up different things we're going to do this summer. For example, she most frequently brings up riding on the "zo-osan" (elephants). I am worried that she will be afraid once we get to Thailand of the hugeness of the elephants, so I hope that talking it up will get her excited about it. She is also excited about going on a plane, seeing everyone, and meeting Jessie (cowgirl in Toy Story II) at Disney World.
 |
| Skyla, more interested in me than the chicks! |
I have a few pictures from the zoo today. Reina and I met Kaori, Skyla, Kazumi, and Joe and we sweltered in the heat. But, Reina got to ride the merry-go-round and see all of the animals of course. She is completly un-afraid of the baby chicks - she puts her hands in there right away. She doesn't even want to see the lions or bears since they are "kowai" (scary), and this time she was very afraid of the baboon.
 |
| My attempt to get all of us! I missed Joe :( |
This week and next we will be busy, getting ready to leave and having a last BBQ. We are excited to grill one last time this school year and see all of our Oki-friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment