
I imagine Reina is a pretty typical two year old. However, she is the only one I know, and she does some things that I think aren't so "typical." Tonight at dinner she had a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Chris has sushi and I had a commissary sandwich (which Reina isn't quite into yet) and we both had chips. We also pulled out some olives. So...you'd think that the chips or mac 'n cheese would be a big draw for a normal kid. Nope. We have to tell Reina, "take another bite of macaroni before you have another olive." Seriously, this kid was devouring the olives. She always does, and it always surprises me. What's annoying is that the olives we had (kalamatta) were not pitted. This means that Chris or I have to get the seed out prior to handing them to Reina, which gets annoying since its ALL she wants to eat! Finally, she figured out how to do it herself. When I told her she couldn't have anymore olives, she quickly announced that she was all done. Strange.
 |
| Reina, Mama, and a 17 week bump (its bigger than it looks here!) |
My other story tonight is about how little kids (particularly ours) likes to copy us. Man is it funny. If you know Chris at all, he loves to drive with his rap music on and sing. I like music too, but I can't sing (I simply am terrible at remembering the words). Well, I get in the car with Chris and Reina tonight to drive to the beach and Chris puts on some Kanye West. Reina is in the back singing up a storm. I'll have to get it on camera, because it is probably the cutest thing she does. She has NO idea what any of the words are, but as soon as certain songs come on, she will start saying maybe the one word she does know over and over. I'm telling you, its hilarious. Its moments like that when.....well, you know the rest.
 |
| As promised, my storyboard of this summer! |
We head to Thailand next Saturday. We can't wait. Every time I bring up riding on the elephants, Reina says, "lets go." I think she is excited too! We have graduation tomorrow, followed by a little bbq with friends before we all leave for the summer. WOOOHOOO. We also can't wait to see all of our family and friends in the states.
you are hilarious. I love the storyboard.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you guys!
PS- Jack LOOOOVES olives too. Tonight he had an olive pizza. We also bribe him in a similar fashion using olives or Furikake (He loves that stuff. OMG.) or chocolate.