
After Chris and I both chopped off some hair this early fall, we decided it might be time to give Reina a trim. We like her hair long, so we just took off a little on the bottom so it is straight across. It sounds simple, but cutting Reina's hair was more of an ordeal than either of us expected. At first she was excited, since both Mom and Dad had their hair cut....then she realized it involved scissors. As soon as I pulled them out, after combing her hair she got quite upset and insisted on us NOT cutting her hair. I think she thought it was going to hurt. Finally, after much encouragement, and holding her blanket and Chris I got one small snip off. After that, it was fine. As a matter of fact, she wanted more hair cut after I was done. Silly girl.
 |
| Our goya! |
We are continuing to prepare for baby Kaiya. Today we swapped out dressers, since Reina's dresser is much lower and perfect for diaper changing. Reina has been great about all of these changes, but I've been sure to include her in the decisions. Today she got to pick which drawer to put her panties and socks in, and even helped out with the transfer. We also raised the crib back to its highest setting. Aside from a couple of other small things, we're pretty much set. I am trying to start Xmas shopping early, as I'll be swamped I fear, in the weeks approaching Christmas. Two friends of mine have insisted on throwing a shower, so I've kept the guest list pretty small and we're just supposed to have a good time! Its next weekend, and I admit I am honored that they have insisted, and a little excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment