| Ako (owl), Rana (princess), Reina (Fairy) |
On the 31st, we stayed up a bit later so that Reina, Rana, and Ako could go trick-or-treating. They loved it. We didn't brave on base, mainly b/c Chris and I didn't want to deal with the massive amounts of people signing on Japanese guests for trick-or-treating. So, instead we went to Sunabe, which, if you haven't been to Okinawa recently (or ever) there is quite a few Americans squashed into one area. While the number of people handing out candy wasn't very substantial, there were tons of Japanese kids walking around trick-or-treating, and we still made out with plenty of candy. Reina was by far the cutest trick-or-treater ever...I'll post the pics so you can see yourself. ![]() |
| Passing out candy at the Stevens' after we were all done |
This friday Sesame Street visited Kadena. The USO flew them over to put on a show about deployment and moving. We scored some tickets from a friend, so that all three of us could go meet the Sesame Street gang. Their message wasn't exactly appropriate for Reina's age nor the topic, but she enjoyed all of the singing and dancing. Elmo was her favorite. She was very concerned as to why Big Bird didn't make it, so we told her he couldn't fit on the plane b/c he was too big and that it was too far for him to fly. She seemed more or less ok with that.
Reina's Japanese is coming along great. She uses quite a few phrases with us, and I can only assume that she uses it more at school. Things like, "ma-te" [wait], and "kore nani?" [what is this] for example. She even busted out in Japanese on her own with Obaa-chan, which is especially interesting since Kuniko tends to speak to her in English. Its like Reina knew Obaa-chan was Japanese.
![]() |
| Enjoying the Sesame Show! |
Kaiya should be here soon. I'm secretly hoping for 11/11/11, because that would be a cool birthday. But that would also be a week early, and planning wise, its not a great time for my AP Bio class..but what can you do!? I'm very uncomfortable, at plus 40lbs, and ready to be done. I know that after Kaiya is here, I will STILL be tired but at least that will mean the beginning of re-gaining control of my body! I have another appointment this Wednesday, which will put me at 38weeks and 2 days.



No comments:
Post a Comment