Since tomorrow is Reina's birthday and I haven't spoken much about her little sister, I thought I'd get this little post in just for Kaiya.

A little about Kaiya. First off, she is an excellent sleeper. She still doesn't drift off to sleep by herself, but when she goes down for the night (which can be accompanied by some screaming, which I'm trying to figure out..dairy?) she is down for about 6 hours straight. This is MUCH better than Reina when she was her age, so we'll take it. I hope I don't jinx myself, but this long stretch which results in only one wake up is magical compared to little Reina. Kaiya tends to sleep more in general compared to Reina, with at least 3 naps during the day. She is also much more lax about eating....four hours in between isn't un-heard of. She probably averages about 3 in between nursings and will go down to two for her last couple in the evenings, which tend to be the "hardest" part of the day for her. Its rough being a newborn, right? Kaiya has also been smiling and cooing at us. I remember lots of smiles from Reina, but not much cooing. Kaiya will literally stare me down after nursing, smiling and cooing at me. It evens appears that if I coo back at her, she gets it and thinks its pretty cool to be communicating with someone. As Kaiya is now a bit more alert during the days, she definitely follows people with her head and eyes and she is also starting to show an interest in what Reina is doing, which I think will slowly increase as she gets older. Kaiya is staying home this week with Dad and took her first bottle today with little argument. She only took 2 ounces, which I think is unusually small for her, but hopefully she'll get the hang of it as the week goes on (again, much better than Reina, who refused to use a bottle for several days). I took a half day today, so she only needed one bottle, but the rest of the week, she'll be getting at least two. Hope she maintains the lax attitude! I'm not sure exactly how much Kaiya weighs, but we know she is 10lbs +. This seems to be right on track with Reina. When I looked back at Reina's stats, she gained weight pretty quickly, so even though Kaiya was bigger at birth, she has gained weight slower than Reina. Looking at her (and back at pictures of Reina) it seems to me that she is a bit leaner looking. Reina was CHUBBY! We have her 2 month appointment next Tuesday, where she'll get her next set of shots and of course all of her stats taken again.
This Friday Dad and Romeni fly in to watch little Kaiya for her last two weeks before starting daycare. I'm not sure what Reina is more excited for....Granddaddy and Romeni or her birthday! She talks about them both a lot.

A little about Kaiya. First off, she is an excellent sleeper. She still doesn't drift off to sleep by herself, but when she goes down for the night (which can be accompanied by some screaming, which I'm trying to figure out..dairy?) she is down for about 6 hours straight. This is MUCH better than Reina when she was her age, so we'll take it. I hope I don't jinx myself, but this long stretch which results in only one wake up is magical compared to little Reina. Kaiya tends to sleep more in general compared to Reina, with at least 3 naps during the day. She is also much more lax about eating....four hours in between isn't un-heard of. She probably averages about 3 in between nursings and will go down to two for her last couple in the evenings, which tend to be the "hardest" part of the day for her. Its rough being a newborn, right? Kaiya has also been smiling and cooing at us. I remember lots of smiles from Reina, but not much cooing. Kaiya will literally stare me down after nursing, smiling and cooing at me. It evens appears that if I coo back at her, she gets it and thinks its pretty cool to be communicating with someone. As Kaiya is now a bit more alert during the days, she definitely follows people with her head and eyes and she is also starting to show an interest in what Reina is doing, which I think will slowly increase as she gets older. Kaiya is staying home this week with Dad and took her first bottle today with little argument. She only took 2 ounces, which I think is unusually small for her, but hopefully she'll get the hang of it as the week goes on (again, much better than Reina, who refused to use a bottle for several days). I took a half day today, so she only needed one bottle, but the rest of the week, she'll be getting at least two. Hope she maintains the lax attitude! I'm not sure exactly how much Kaiya weighs, but we know she is 10lbs +. This seems to be right on track with Reina. When I looked back at Reina's stats, she gained weight pretty quickly, so even though Kaiya was bigger at birth, she has gained weight slower than Reina. Looking at her (and back at pictures of Reina) it seems to me that she is a bit leaner looking. Reina was CHUBBY! We have her 2 month appointment next Tuesday, where she'll get her next set of shots and of course all of her stats taken again.
This Friday Dad and Romeni fly in to watch little Kaiya for her last two weeks before starting daycare. I'm not sure what Reina is more excited for....Granddaddy and Romeni or her birthday! She talks about them both a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment