We learned another new Japanese word. The day-care workers continue to "suck-up" to me and described Reina as an "oriko-chan." This means "good girl' in Japanese. She only fusses when she is hungry or wants to be played with. Then she sucks her thumb and puts herself to sleep. We too have been enjoying this behavior at home (although I maintain that
Reina was weighed and measured today. She came up at 24.5 inches long and 13.9 pounds. Growing nicely, although lately it seems to be mostly going to her thighs! We had a nice relaxing day today, and ended with dinner with Kuniko (obachan) in Naha. Reina maintained "oriko-chan" status according to the waitress who recieved many smiles from Reina. Despite her cold, she was alert and happy all throughout dinner, and let Kuniko hold her without crying..I even snapped some evidence.
I love the pic of her and Chris! Too cute. Wow almost 14 pounds!! So would Zane be oriko-chon I wonder?
ReplyDelete