
Chris and I left Reina in Grandpa and Aunt Liz's care this past Friday. We left early Friday morning on the train for Edinburgh and returned Saturday evening. Aside from a bit of worrying, it was a great trip. After the four hour trip north, Chris and I ate a traditional Scottish lunch (Haggis and something) and I went with something a bit safer (steak sandwich). The best part was the Tenants (Scottish beer) which we added to our meal. After lunch we went on an underground tour. This was actually more like a ghost tour, but fortunately I wasn't too scared. I cannot say the same for the 7 and 4 year olds who were also on the tour. We also walked through Edinburgh castle and did a bit of shopping before dinner. The weather was nice so we ate outside at an Italian restaurant on the Royal Mile and people watched. We tucked in early after a movie in bed. It was nice to get uninterrupted sleep for the first time in a year and a half!


The next day Chris had an English breakfast and we discovered a huge hill that we decided to climb to get a birds eye view of the city. It was really nice and we got in some exercise. We walked to some other monuments before doing a little more shopping, having lunch, and then catching the train back to Peterborough.
Reina did great. Liz said she went down for her nap and bed with no problems and pretty much made it through the night. Jeff took her to the park and met us later at the train station. She was happy to see us. All in all I think all of us have decided we can do it again!
glad to hear she did so well! and Yea for sleep!
ReplyDelete