Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We're in Greece


[Tuesday Morning]We got in last night with little troubles and were greeted by a nice lady with all of our tickets and a taxi to our hotel.  I would like to mention here that WOW did they push the alcohol on the plane. I've never seen that!  It was free too.  There was one couple who had four bottles of wine (the little ones) and the guy next to us had two little bottles of some type of hard alcohol!  Half the plane was probably drunk after our 3 hour flight.  Anyhow...No time to blog! Here are a few pics we snapped last night - one being the view from our balconi - the acropolis!  We're off to go see the rest of the acropolis up close this morning.

[Tuesday Afternoon]Edited to add: One pic!  The connection is too slow. No worries, we have tons though.  We have since had a very European breakfast provided by the hotel - cheese, meats, bread, and yogurt and seen the acropolis. It was amazing.  We also saw the acropolis museum.  Reina did amazing and even napped on my back despite the scorching sun.  We had lunch at another little restaurant (maybe it was in the Plaka?) and it was delicious. I think Greeks know how to do food!  Last night we had a really good salad and some mousaka (I"m totally butchering that) that was excellent.   They even gave us watermelon for dessert (I think this was Reina's favorite).  We had another really good salad for lunch today and some roasted chicken in a tomato based sause with some long grain rice.  Yummy!  And we got bread with both meals and lots of olives....mmmm.  Not sure what we're doing the rest of the day, as we're hoping it will cool down a bit before we head out this afternoon.  Tomorrow we head for Tinos and the beach bright and early!

No comments:

Post a Comment