Friday, July 9, 2010

"Shhh"

Reina still isn't sleeping great at night (and is fighting naps too).  I know that I talk a lot about sleep, but it is something that is very important to my sanity (I am saying this now as I myself am fighting the crankiness after a not so good night of sleep).

During the waking hours when we are semi-rested, Reina continues to learn more words and do cute things.  She has mastered her "shh" sound and gesture; Karen and Joe have three birds that they sometimes shush, and Reina thinks its her job to do the same.  She is also still afraid of "strange" textures - like sand...and grass. We went to the park yesterday to enjoy the gorgeous weather, and Reina wouldn't walk anywhere until we tasked her with picking flowers. Silly girl - surely she knows she can't be a girly girl!

We spent the evening with Liliana and Celeo's family Tuesday.  We brought over Thai and ate dinner.  Reina was pretty interested in new baby Diego - she wanted to hold and pet him.  She was pretty gentle.  After she got bored with the new baby, she tried very hard to get into all of the baby toys - like the swing and bouncer.  Chris always says how its interesting that sometimes she wants to take care of a baby, and other times she wants to be the baby.  Guess that's appropriate for her age.

Its amazing how much Reina understands at this point.  She can stick out her tongue on command or go throw something away or lay down all on command.  I wonder how long until she realizes she doesn't have to listen!?

I bought my first digital SLR camera.  This means there will be many more photos to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment