Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back on the Wagon

I have great news. We have internet.  I swear I tried to avoid going 3 LONG, FULL weeks without it, but sometimes you just can't get everything your way, at least this is what Chris tells me.

Naked and in her hat, playing at her table.
We moved in to our new house the weekend of October 1st.  We were able to save some money by doing a bit of the moving ourselves and have managed to get entirely unpacked the following week and weekend. All we have left is to hang pictures and get a few more furniture items.  Our walls are almost all cement, which is going to make picture hanging a pain, so I think Chris has decided we will wait until we buy a new drill when his dad comes and task him to that!


We met one of our neighbors. They are the other ones who recently built a new house, maybe about 6 months before us.  They are a family of four with 2 little girls, Ako, who is 4 and Nana, who is 2.  Reina is very interested in them.  They walk their dogs in the evening when we are sometimes on our patio, and we introduced ourselves and Megumi (the mom) told me how her girls love our pumpkin. So I bought them one last week and I'm thinking we'll have them over maybe tomorrow night to carve our pumpkins.


Next to the mango tree.


Speaking of plants....we have a garden!  We went to makeman and bought 2 - 3 of the cheapest veggies and figured we didn't have much to lose.  Its still warm here, and probably will be until late November, early December. We have some broccoli, green peppers, egg plant, onions....and a mango and mikan tree.  Hopefully we'll have something to show for all of them one day!  We also took a picture of Reina next to the young mango tree to see how much they grow.
The little garden.

Oh the rooster. If I could complain about one thing, it would be the rooster.  He lives (or perhaps there are two) across the street.  I am going to kill the rooster.  Last night I put my ear plugs in at 1:30.  AHHHHHH. I hate roosters. Ok. I'm done.

I am happy to be back on the internet. I missed reading all of my favorite Mama's blogs and talking with my and Chris' family.  How did we ever go without the internet!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I hate roosters! I don't know what I would do if one lived across the street from me. I am so scared of them. Oh I feel for you. That would be just horrible.

    Good job unpacking. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have internet. =)

    ReplyDelete