Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Nap Reina.

I am not complaining. Reina sleeps through the night, and honestly, that is the best case scenario for me.  A well rested Mama, is a much happier Mama.  I do like a mid-day break.  These past two weekends Reina has been adamantly against napping. I'm not sure why.  She has been going to bed at the same time, and has actually been sleeping in past 7, which is very nice.  I have found with mama-hood that there is no use in trying to understand children's behavior.  Chris and I are consistent, happy, loving parents who spend every minute with Reina when we are not working.  Since I can ensure this, I know that she is not napping for some other reason that I will never know.  Today is the first day where it looks like she actually might NEVER make the nap.  Yesterday she had a great nap at 2....after trial one at the usual 12.  Today it is 2:30 and she is still whining about it upstairs...

A bike ride at Araha beach (Saturday)


Dad's goalie gloves

Since we've had so much non-napping, we've been doing, well, the usual.  Friday night was a girls night out.  It was nice to be away, especially since Chris started soccer this week, and has been very pre-occupied with that.  I needed a bit of a break from Reina duty, and it turned out great.  On Saturday we watched Chris' practice. Reina really liked it; she didn't want to leave.  Today, we rode bikes and picnicked at Torii beach/park. It was supposed to be a very nice weekend weather-wise. But, it really hasn't been. Aside from it being a nice temperature, its been a bit overcast and windy. The rest of the week is planned, but I'm a bit down due to the weather.  I really just like my sunshine.  

2 comments:

  1. Omg. I totally thought Chris' goalie gloves where the Hamburger Helper gloves. Anyways, Reina is just beyond adorable. She is seriously so freakin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zane has given up a nap most days too. The only thing that will get him to nap is a car ride. We now have "rest time" where he has to sit quietly and watch tv or read a book. That way I can still get a break and get some things done. Ugh soccer starts here next week. I was kinda enjoying not having any sports for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete