
"Remember, babies sleep in cars...Remember, babies cry sometimes." These are two phrases Reina has told Chris and I on an occasion or two. I'm not sure where she got them from. The latter I'm thinking I may have mentioned when preparing her for a baby sister. I'm not sure where she came up with the former. Either way, Reina is still coping pretty well considering she is no longer the center of attention. I actually ran upstairs this morning to put the laundry in the dryer....when I came back downstairs, Reina was attending to Kaiya in her bouncy chair - gently bouncing Kaiya, as I had asked Reina to do. So sweet. I haven't seen any signs of anger or jealousy towards Kaiya (knock on wood) and aside from being a bit more whiney than normal, I would say she has made the transition seamlessly. But...I think I've already talked about this.
 |
| Kaiya or Reina? |
 |
| Kaiya or Reina? |

What I have failed to mention in a while is the progress of Reina's quilt. Its DONE!!! And it is amazing. It came from Romeni (who actually quilted and put on the finishing touches) just in time for our "cold" whether, and has been on Reina's bed since it arrived in the mail last week. We even went through her baby books last night and talked about all the clothes that were in the pictures and the quilt. Pretty cool. Ironically enough, the same day my quilt arrived, I received a surprise package from my best-friend in elementary school, Jessica Halley. She made two baby quilts for both Reina and Kaiya. WOW. And Reina's was a collection of fabrics from our young years together. It was VERY sweet and thoughtful. She also sent two Breyer horses, toys that Jessica and I treasured more than I can ever explain. I fear that Reina doesn't appreciate them as much as I do, but perhaps with time she'll worship these horses as Jess and I did.

The count down has been going for a while now, but aside from the obvious Christmas nearing, Grandma and Halil will be here in a week. Shortly after that Granddaddy and Romeni will be here...and the visits couldn't come fast enough, as I am lonely at home alone (even though Kaiya is so sweet).
Reina will turn three while Grandaddy and Romeni are here and we'll have her party that weekend - guess I better figure out what we're going to do for that! Wish EVERYONE who reads this blog can come...that's all I want for Christmas (oh, and for Kaiya to sleep through the night!).
No comments:
Post a Comment