
I brought the camera to Reina's gym class this weekend. Despite feeling a bit under the weather and awaken from a nap, she did excellent again. Reina seems to take things pretty literally - if you say, "sit here," she will sit there until told otherwise (despite other kids jumping up and wandering off). There is quite a bit of sitting and waiting at gym class, since most activities have to be done one at a time. But, as I mentioned, Reina does well at waiting her turn. She even went on the bars without me (only teachers allowed on the mat) and did a flip (assisted of course). At mommy and me gym, rarely could I get her to do a flip - but a little positive peer pressure seems to have worked and she didn't even whimper. She has always seemed to like the balance beam the best, so I was happy when they went to the "big" one and she got her turn to walk across.
 |
| A Reina designed outfit. |
Reina has become something I never imagined I could produce - a girly girl. She ONLY wears dresses and can occasionally be talked into skirts, but pants...NEVER. She also insists on picking out her dresses so we have been working a lot on matching. Here is one outfit she picked for this weekend. I had to buy several more leggings and long-sleeve undershirts to keep her warm during these brisk winter months when pants aren't allowed. Reina also insists on wearing the slippers Grandma bought her, since these are "pretty." I have been able to get her into her leotard and shorts for gymnastics, so Chris thinks that perhaps she'll be the one always dressed for the sport, but more or less indifferent about playing the sport. I'm sure its too early to make any of these assumptions...I'm sure she'll be an athlete! We've been to watch the Stevens' kids basketball games and she always seems interested in playing afterwards. Reina is also excited about watching Daddy's soccer games, but again, this is probably due to the fact that I bought a special green outfit for her to wear!

Kaiya has been doing great. She is a champ at going to bed, just not so great at sleeping still, but it is what I expected. I need to weigh her again, since she has definitely filled out a bit in the last few weeks. We're always told to put babies on their stomachs for "tummy time," but with Kaiya it lasts about three seconds before she rolls back on to her back...so much for that. She can roll to the left and right, but has yet to roll to her front. When that happens we'll have to stop wrapping her at night...and hopefully she'll be sucking her thumb by then (still just whole fist in the mouth). We visited our friends, the Stevens', last night, and Kaiya, despite a 5 min screaming session let the mom and daughter hold her. I'm hoping that continues, as I remember very well how much crying Reina did when other people held her. Kaiya also continues to TALK SO much more than Reina ever did. She is laying on her mat by herself right now, cooing up a storm. Its SO cute. I wonder what this will mean for her future...I think REINA talks a lot!
 |
| This is Kaiya around 3 months |
 |
| This is Reina around 3 months |
A
I'm always wondering how Kaiya compares to Reina so I thought I'd put up pictures of the two of them. I think Kaiya is not nearly as chubby as Reina is, and I think her face is more narrow compared to Reinas. What do you think? I can't remember when Reina's eye's changed color. Kaiya are changing, but still not brown! Grandpa and Grandma (one from each of our sides) each have blue/light eyes, so there's a chance Kaiya might not go brown, but I have a feeling its unlikely!
Reina-ism to end with: "Mommy, can you make it [lasagna] NOT tasty." Despite explaining to her what tasty meant, she still insists on things not being tasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment