
All I have to
talk complain about is how tired I am. Kaiya has gotten worse during the night rather than better. We went from waking after midnight and then morning to waking up twice (10:30 and 2:30). Its brutal, b/c that means I never get more than 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Do you KNOW how important consecutive hours of sleep are? I'm sure there's been research on this, but I can tell you from experience...its debilitating. I find myself at work referring to objects as "whatchamacallits" and saying things like, "you know what I"m talking about, right?" because I just can't find the words. I know its due to lack of sleep.

But, other than that, Kaiya has been an amazing baby. She sleeps well during the day and has lots of happy wakeful periods where she is all smiles. Reina has been great with her and loves to have her read with us in bed at night. Reina definitely seems to be the challenging one these days. She is insistent on only wearing "pretty" clothes, which pretty much means only dresses...maybe a skirt, and absolutely NO pants. This drives me nuts. Who would have thought I'd have a girly, girl? Will she grow out of this? I hope so. I'm not up for drama, tutus and cheerleading.
 |
| Kaiya loves to read with us too! |
In other news, I think we've found a solution to Reina's daycare closure. We made arrangemnets with Kaori to meet this weekend to search for a new daycare - one that opens at 6:30 and is full Japanese. This is impossible, we've found. The solution? Kaiya's daycare will watch Reina until 7:30, when a nearby Japanese daycare opens. They will walk (or drive depending on the weather) when its time. I fear that Reina may want to stay at Kaiya's daycare (for whatever reason), and throw a fit about leaving. Hopefully not. I find that if I do lots of coaching with Reina, preparing her for what is to come, she does pretty darn good. You should have seen her at her new gymnastics class. She moved up a level, since she turned three. What is cool about this, is she is now going to the Youth Center (where I went for gymnastics when I was little) and they have all the "big kid" equipment. What's not so good as it was more a lesson in turn-taking and patience than gymnastics. Obviously, these teachers (specifically Reina's) don't know how to keep 3 year olds behaving. She had crazy expectations - sitting for SEVERAL minutes while other kids (ONE at a time) went through a fairly long exercise. Then they did it three times (times, oh, 6 or 7 kids) and only went to one other piece of equipment (thankfully it was the trampoline, which allowed a faster flow of kids). THEN they had 2 water breaks during the whole 45 minutes. I don't know if its since I"m a teacher, or I just want the best for my kid, but it was all I could do to bite my tongue. Somehow Reina did great. Aside from occasionally running over to me, and almost getting on some things she wasn't supposed to she was able to wait her turn. Seriously, she deserved a gold star.
Ok. I feel a little better. Got that complaining stuff out of me! Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment