Saturday, February 18, 2012

Biking & Drooling

Reina rode her trike to the park today, in what I would describe as frigid weather for Okinawa (57F!).  Kaiya rode in the wrap on me, but we turned around after we got to the park, since it was just soooo cold.  But, Chris and I were quite surprised as Reina rode her bike all the way there basically by herself.  She needed help up the hill, but aside from that, she really has the pedaling down.



Kaiya is approaching 3 months and already seems to be drooling a lot.  Reina didn't get her first tooth to much closer to 6 months, but perhaps Kaiya will cut hers earlier!  Maybe she will always be trying to catch up to her big sister.  She will go in for a 4 month check up at the end of next month.  I've been meaning to weigh her, but I have yet to actually do it.  She has definitely filled out a bit and is much more baby-like as compared to her scrawny infant self.

Soccer try-outs are February 27th, about a week off.  We've been conditioning for about an hour after school, which has been great for me; starting to shed some of that baby weight off. Hopefully I can keep it up, as right after school seems to be a convenient time.  I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to soccer season, but I'll manage.  I gave Reina a bath with Kaiya in tote by myself as Chris was fighting a 24hour flu.  We've had a rough winter with sicknesses.  I think the combination of germs from work (high school kids) and then now germs from two separate day cares has been a tough battle.  Hopefully with the warm weather on its way, we will all get healthy and stay healthy.

I didn't get any good pictures of Reina this past week, but I did get some of me wearing Kaiya. I had so many pictures of Reina in all of my carriers, that I thought I better get to taking some with Kaiya.  I love to "babywear." It is so sweet, and I remember all too well with Reina, how fast she grew up and wouldn't let me carry her anymore!  

No comments:

Post a Comment