 |
| From left, clockwise: Cora, Will, Reina, Kaiya, and Lucie |
Reina and Kaiya will never have cousins on my side and still don't have "real" cousins on Chris' immediate side, so we look forward to getting together with Katie and her family, since they are the next closest thing (Katie and Chris are cousins, which makes our kids second cousins?). Katie & George have three little ones, Lucie (4.5yo), Will (2.75yo), and Cora (4mo). With Kaiya and Reina making five kids under five we had a busy little household. It was really fun watching everyone playing together. Aunt Katie made sure we had plenty of parks to run around at and we went to the Zoo with Grandpa Jeff and Aunt (or Grandma) Debbie on our last full day there. The Meers' also had a nice new finished basement that we got to break in. That makes two new bathrooms for us this year(Liliana and Celeo had recently added a new bathroom too) and I ensure you we enjoyed the extra space, as 4 people and all of their luggage get big fast!



We exchanged small gifts and were able to play with the rockets I got Will at the park one day. It was a first for Reina, and I think she thought they were pretty cool. We also had a last get-together with Uncle Mike, Grandpa Jeff (although we'll see him in LA), Aunt Debbie, and Uncle Jess at the Meers' house last Sunday. Reina got to have her first "show," in front of family, which I have a feeling we'll be doing again. Ironically, Jeff even accidently called Reina Liz, who as you know was very into dance as a youngster (and even as an adult). The Eastman's often say that Reina looks like Liz when she was little. Anyhow, the family show was predominantly Will and Reina singing. I have some video footage that I'll post one day, but for now, you'll have to see the pictures. What you may not notice is that Will is totally ending up in front of Reina during the "recital." I am pretty sure Will was not deliberatly trying to block out Reina, but as soon as we all gave him a reaction, he pretty consistently did it after that. Some of the things we got to see at our Will and Reina show was "ABC," "Twinkle Twinkle," and some very cool dance moves on Will's part (I'm hoping Aunt Liz can show Reina some new ones next time they see each other, as Reina clearly gets her lack of dance moves from Chris and I).
 |
| The audience for the "show." |
 |
| Reina's solo - "All the Colors of the Rainbow" |
 |
| At the zoo. |
This week we're in Oregon, spending time with Granddaddy and Romeni, while next week we're meeting Grandpa and Uncle Paul in LA. Busy busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment