 |
| Our cute little Dodger fan. |

We arrived in LA on Tuesday around 1pm after an uneventful flight. Luckily we were able to get row one, which meant extra space with the bulkhead; both girls napped almost immediately after take off, sleeping for over half the flight. Kaiya is definitely starting to exert some independence, as after she woke up, she was ready to go, trying to crawl all over (or up) me and then if I had let her, she would have crawled down the entire plane aisle I bet. After getting our bags, we took a taxi ride with the meanest taxi driver I've ever met to our hotel, which was about $20 away. He was just unpleasant. That is all. Then we relaxed in our room, as we didn't have a car. Uncle Paul met us for dinner at a very good Peruvian restaurant right around the corner. Then we met Paul's girlfriend, Jannie, and she surprised the girls with some much needed toys for the room. Reina was very happy with everything, since she mostly got princess stuff. We waited and waited for Grandpa to show up (Reina kept looking out the window, asking about him) and he finally did around 8:30pm. I had to put Kaiya to bed around 8...she couldn't make it. But Reina did, and thanks to some coaching from Uncle Paul, she made sure to tell Grandpa to make sure and "go [drive] faster next time." I think Reina was excited about him coming because he's great (of course) and he was going to sleep in the bed next to Reina (Chris, Kaiya and I took the other room so that we could minimize wake-ups with Kaiya's crying).
 |
| A happy moment for the boys (Reina, not so much) |
 |
| Thank goodness for the peanuts! |
 |
| A happy moment. |
 |
| Playing... |
 |
| Playing in our room |
 |
| After game affects |
The next morning Reina and Kaiya experienced their first Dodgers game. It was... exhausting. It was right during Reina's nap, so that made things a bit more challenging, since Reina's attitude is very dependent on that one, little, mid-afternoon nap. However, there were a few moments that she enjoyed: one being when Grandpa sat with her OUT of the sun (thank you random Dodger employee for offering to move us to the shade) and ate an entire bag of peanuts with her. Kaiya did pretty good considering I carried her in the Ergo the entire time. She got a bit fussy right before she crashed, but aside from that, I think she enjoyed watching all of the people. Unfortunately, the game went into extra innings, so with two cranky little ones and two tired parents (and I mean myself and Grandpa), we were anxious to get out of there. But, the Dodgers did win!
We went to Disney today (Thursday), but I will report on it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment