Friday, July 6, 2012

A week in the life of two little girls

 We've been busy the last week at the Fuller's.  Karen has three-day weekends, so that, coupled with the fourth allowed the girls to spend a lot of time together.  They've been really enjoying the whole slumber party aspect as you can see from all the pictures. I have to admit that all of this playing, while fun, can be a bit trying.  There are several instances where they don't share and get along. I think they're favorite time, where we have to intervene the least, is probably bath time (and then maybe hide-and-seek).  The hardest part of the playing together would have to be bedtime.  Reina and Sydney have been sleeping in the same room!  They start out the night with a "we have to go to the bathroom," then they will come back with, "Sydney (or Reina) won't stop talking," then maybe the stalling will continue with "we need some water...."  It gets a bit ridiculous.  One night we had to resort to putting Syd in her parents bed and then move her later.  However, each night they are asleep together by 9 at the latest, which I think is alright. 

I think the pictures explain most of the rest of our visit.  Uncle Mike drove up for the 4th yesterday and we should be able to see Grandpa Jeff tomorrow, as he is up in town for a little before we all head down to LA on the 18th.

Arts & crafts
Playing Ipads
Walking and spotting deer
Kaiya is still not sleeping very well. I'm thinking that on top of starting out with jet lag she caught a cold (as Reina and I did too) and that has not made sleeping easy for her (and subsequently myself and Chris too).  Each night I hope it will be a better night, since that's all I can do.  She has been working on crawling (though she has the army crawl down) and now she is starting to pull up to standing.  She loves watching the big girls play and always feels entitled to whatever they may be doing.  This is most prominent when we are eating.  If she sees anyone else eating at the table she immediately starts fussing as she wants to be a part of the meal as well.  Kaiya has been able to do some more "big kid" things, which mainly include the swings and the slide.  Like Reina, she seems to prefer the swings (they could both swing for some time - usually longer than Chris or I care to push them for).

Chris and I have been looking for another house to buy. We've found a few, but still haven't had much luck.  Hopefully we'll hear some good news tomorrow, but as we're leaving town this Saturday, we need to nail down something quick.  We've got a back up plan in place, so hopefully we'll have something to show for after this summer.


Swinging with little sis



Celebrating the 4th at the park
Movies before bed


Sleepover in tents

Making pancakes

Wearing tutus




Uncle Mike on the 4th.


The Eastman's and the Fuller's


No comments:

Post a Comment