Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birthday Girl








We arrived back home to warm Okinawa on the 30th and all settled back into our routine quickly. Reina is waking up once at night, which is a welcome change.

We spent the next couple of days preparing for Reina's birthday party, which was today (Saturday, January 2nd). Two other families came over to celebrate (and our neighbor came too) and we feasted, opened presents, and had cake. Reina received a mailbox and a doll set from our two friends, both of which she will enjoy.

Reina was in good spirits the whole time, smiling at everyone and enjoying watching the other two little kids (a 2.5 year old boy, Grayson and a 3 year old, Sophia). When she woke up from her first nap (while Chris, Kuniko and I were getting the house ready) she was very surprised to see the balloons. She seemed to like them.

Chris and I bought her a tunnel which she was coaxed through and of course we captured lots of pictures. I bought plates and such at the BX and coincidentally we went with a polka dot theme. I think Aunt Liz gave us the cute green dress which Reina is wearing. Reina also recieved a push toy she really likes from Liliana, Celeo, and Jack and I know there are still some presents somewhere in the mail! Thank you everyone.

I was telling Chris that Reina will very likely not remember this party nor the close of this life changing year. Really, its more of a celebration for us. I can't believe it was a year ago that Chris and I were driving to the delivery room, getting ready to give birth to a new baby (whose gender was unknown)! Incredible how fast it goes - which is of course what everyone told me. I am trying my best to appreciate each and every day, as I know I will miss the age that Reina is now.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Reina!! It's still your birthday here. How lucky for you. :-)

    How was the cake??????
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Reina! Wish we could've been there. =(

    ReplyDelete